If you wish to contribute or participate in the discussions about articles you are invited to join SKYbrary as a registered user
Loss of Separation
Loss of separation between aircraft occurs whenever specified separation minima are breached. Minimum separation standards for airspace are specified by ATS authorities, based on ICAO standards.
Types of Loss of Separation
Loss of separation may be either in a vertical or a horizontal plane, or both. Loss of separation may ultimately result in a mid air collision. A Level Bust is one scenario where a loss of separation occurs, leading potentially to a mid air collision. Loss of separation from notified airspace is dealt with under Airspace Infringement. Loss of separation from the ground is dealt with under CFIT. Loss of separation between aircraft on the ground is dealt with under Ground Operations and Runway Incursion.
Wake vortex, which may be a consequence of loss of separation between aircraft on the same track, is covered in the category: Wake Vortex Turbulence.
The full article can be read here.
Pages in category "Loss of Separation"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- ACAS Resolution and Traffic Advisories
- ACAS X
- ACAS: Guidance for Controllers
- Accident and Serious Incident Reports: LOS
- Air Traffic Services Outside Controlled Airspace (ATSOCAS)
- Airborne Collision Avoidance System (ACAS)
- Aircraft without Transponder – Mitigations
- ATM Sector Management
- Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B)
- Work in progress:Automation and ATM
- Immediate Тakeoff Clearances
- Impact of transponder failure on safety barriers
- Integration of Very Light Jets in ATM Operations
- Loss of Separation
- Loss of Separation - ATCO-induced Situations
- Loss of Separation - Pilot-induced Situations
- Loss of Separation at Sector Boundaries
- Loss of Separation During Weather Avoidance
- RA Downlink
- Radar Control - Collision Avoidance Concepts
- Reduced Vertical Separation Minima (RVSM)
- See and Avoid
- Separation Standards
- State Aircraft and Formation Flights - Separation Minima
- Strategic Lateral Offset
- Structured Scan for Mitigating the Blind Spot Effect
- Tactical Controller Tool (TCT)
- Traffic Information
- Traffic Information Broadcasts by Aircraft (TIBA)
- Transponder failure types